Mission of LGD Alliance - Europe
The mission of the LGD Alliance - Europe is to provide support, education and hope to patients and families affected by lymphangiomatosis or Gorham’s disease.
Another just as important mission is to promote basic and clinical research on the cause of lymphangiomatosis and Gorham’s disease and support the development of effective diagnosis, identifying the effective treatment and ultimately a cure for these diseases.
In order to realise its mission, the LGD Alliance - Europe:
- raises general public awareness and distributes comprehensive information on lymphangiomatosis and Gorham’s disease
- offers support and hope for patients and families by providing a way to make contact with others
- assists patients and their family members by providing general information on these diseases and contacts to the doctors and clinical centres with experience treating these patients
- maintains internet pages for patients, families, health care professionals and the general public
- works with umbrella organizations for rare diseases and with other relevant health organizations on the field of rare diseases
- promotes research into both the clinical management and basic science of lymphangiomatosis and Gorham's disease, with the aim of achieving a more active approach towards promotion of research
is seeking to develop and execute a research strategy and program for the study of lymphangiomatosis and Gorham’s disease.
Many of the activities are planned and executed in cooperation with the Lymphangiomatosis & Gorham’s Disease Alliance, Inc. (LGD Alliance), a US-based 501(c)(3) public charity.